Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Toni Times is back!!!

During my life, my parents have been Pastors, Missionaries, and Evangelists for the Church of the Nazarene. So suffice it to say that we moved a lot growing up. In order to keep in touch with all my friends across the country, I used to write letters. Yep, you read that right. Real letters. Used a stamp and everything. :-)

After college, I decided it would be easier to send out a newsletter. I used to send it out every month and I called it "The Toni Times". As the years went by, the "Toni Times" sort of dwindled away.

However, I missed making it. So, I've decided to begin it again in a blog version. So, if you are curious about the things that are going on in my life, then this would be the place to find out. I'll post pics and stuff from time to time. This is just a place for random thoughts and funny, crazy, or normal happenings.

Since this is the first post, I'll give you a very brief synopsis of me at the moment. I'm the Pastor to Families with Children at the Jefferson City Church of the Nazarene. As part of my position, I also lead worship for the Sunday Evening services as well as the Youth Bible Study at the Ricker Memorial Church of the Nazarene. I love my job. I love Missouri. It's a beautiful place filled with wonderful people. And, I'm pretty much smack dab in the middle of the US. So that's pretty cool too. Biggest craziness in my life right now is trying to figure out a mystery illness that is bugging me. Good doctors are on it though and I'm confident that we will eventually figure it out. Till then, I press on. Lots to do!

I lived in Sacramento, CA for three years and I loved it there too. I've also lived in Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Florida and those were pretty cool places too...except for Florida. It's HOT HOT HOT in Florida. :-) God is good and I've been blessed to make wonderful friends in all those places. This is my way of trying to stay in touch. So, if you're interested in following along, just feel free to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment