Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ahhh Thursdays…

For about five years now, I’ve been taking Thursday as my day off. I guard it very protectively. It’s not that I don’t love my job, because I really do. However, Thursday is the day that I recharge my batteries. I rarely plan anything special on a Thursday. It is specifically a stay home day. I suppose that sounds lazy, but it’s really more self preservation. See, in college, I was diagnosed with Myoclonus. It’s a neuromuscular disorder that makes my muscles have a mind of their own at times. If you knew me in college at Trevecca, you would no doubt remember my twitching…especially if you were in one of my classes. Not to worry though, these days the myoclonus is under control with meds and stress management. See in the 13ish years that I’ve been dealing with this disorder, we’ve discovered that it seems to feed on the stress in my life. Seems ironic that I would go into the ministry since it’s such a stress free lifestyle. Ha ha! However, unlike most folks in the ministry, I pretty much know when the stress is too high in my life because my body has given me my own personal stress detector. If I have the ability to sit, stand, or walk without twitching like crazy then I know that my stress level is manageable. The way I keep my stress level down it by keeping Thursday as a veg out day. So far, the plan has seemed to work.

So, what’s on today’s agenda, you ask? Well, it’s going to be mostly a laundry day with a little bathroom cleaning thrown in. Now, aren’t you glad you asked? :-)

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment