Monday, October 1, 2012

King of the Roller Coaster!

If you know me very well, you know that I am terrified of heights.  I don't even do well crossing bridges. (Side note:  Why are bridges so high anyway?  I mean, must you be a thousand feet in the air?  Couldn't you build the bridge a mere 75 feet above the water and still get across?  I don't know...good thing I'm not an engineer.)  I stay away from things like ladders, glass elevators, and especially roller coasters.  When I am high above the world, my legs shake, my hands get cold, my heart races and it's all I can do to breathe properly.  I realize that most of the time the fear is irrational, but that doesn't make it go away.

Fortunately, the roller coaster that is life does not affect me that way.  Life is full of twists, turns, dips, highs and lows and yet, it doesn't scare me at all.  I mean no one enjoys the lows of life, but those lows help us appreciate the highs and generally help us grow, so there is no sense in avoiding them.  The twists and turns keep life interesting.  Besides, the God I serve is the King of life's roller coasters.  He knows all the twists and turns, he's ready for the ups and downs, and he's better than any safety bar could be in protecting me.  With Him by my side, I have nothing to fear.  

I have recently been thinking a lot about just how big our God is and how much He cares for us.  It's an amazing thing to contemplate.  The One who created the very universe, formed all things into being, is all powerful and more amazing than words...He cares about me.  He's taking care of me!  And that knowledge can bring peace in the midst of any of life's roller coasters.  Thank you Jesus!

Just some thoughts that were rolling around in my head today.

No comments:

Post a Comment