Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A question for our World...

This blog is a bit more serious that others I've written, but I wanted to write it because today I've been thinking about God.  Now, I realize that probably doesn't come as a shock since I am in the ministry, but go with me here.

Tonight I'm taking our teens on location someplace (location left out in case one of them reads this before tonight) where we are going to look at God's creation and discuss just who He is.  I am reminded of that Scripture passage where Jesus asks Peter, "Who do you say I am?" (Matthew 16:15)  Peter, of course responds with, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the Living God." (Matthew 16:16)  Peter had to decide for himself who Jesus was, and it had become crystal clear.

Is it just me, or does it seem like people have forgotten who He is?  It reminds me of the Children of Israel when they were wandering in the desert.  God would continually send them help and when He did, they would be thankful and worship Him...for a minute.  Then the complaining would begin again.  Anyone else see our world doing this same thing? Only now, we are perverting who God is as well.  I'm hearing people talk as if you can pick and choose what you will believe about God...and whatever you choose to believe, that is what is correct.  WHAT?

God is unchanging.  He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  Just because you choose to believe that He won't punish you for your sins doesn't make it true.  You can choose to believe there is more than one way to heaven, but that doesn't make it true.  God is the almighty and all powerful creator of the universe and He has told us the way to be saved.  He sent His Son to die for us.  We can choose to accept His amazing gift of salvation or we can choose not to.  The choice is ours to decide, but it is between those two choices.  You can't make up other choices to choose from.  The Bible isn't a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book.

So the question is coming at us again.  Who will we say that He is?  I say that He is my Savior, my Comfort, my Confidant, my Friend and so much more. He is the One True God.

Who do you say that He is?

No comments:

Post a Comment