So, I'm feeling a bit silly, so I put together this little list. I'm sure my Children's Pastor friends could add to it, so feel free. Enjoy!
You Might be a Children’s Pastor if:
* You can improvise a lesson when all the “props” you planned to use decide to mutiny
* You realize that props do indeed mutiny, but only at the most inopportune times, so always have a back up plan...and perhaps a back up back up plan. :-)
* You have ever stapled a costume for a program so it would stay together long enough for the performance.
* Empty toilet paper rolls are not something that you think should be thrown away.
* You have no idea what music is popular unless there is a version out for kids.
* You can name at least 5 children’s television shows on Disney or Nickelodeon
* You can indeed pull a "MacGyver" on a Sunday Morning if needed
* You understood the previous statement.
* You find object lessons during any shopping trip
* You realize that having an overhead projector is an incredibly important decorating tool
* You know what station is Radio Disney
* You could wallpaper your children's department in Oriental Trading magazines that NEVER STOP COMING!
* Your office is often filled with random objects that seem to others to have no purpose but to you are just object lessons in waiting.
* You have difficulty not coming up with motions for the songs in “big church”.
* You can not stand still to give a lesson…even if it is for adults.
* There is a wig in your office that is used most often when it is NOT Halloween.
* You have a stockpile of masking tape and/or duck tape and you take some with you to any/all events “Just in case”.
* You love Jesus and love teaching children all about Him.