Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Weekend With My Brother…

Wow! What a fun weekend it’s been. My brother, Rick, came out here to do some concerts for us and what a great time we had. I think this is the first time we’ve ever spent the weekend together where it was just the two of us. We are about polar opposites on just about everything. If I’m hot, he’s cold…in fact, he says my apartment is freezing. I’ll give him that one though because everyone tells me that. My friend, Erica, says I live in an igloo. Oh well…polar opposites or not, I love him lots and I was so excited that he was coming out here that I could hardly stand it.

Rick came in on Friday and we had a great time at Colton’s Restaurant with some folks from church. Then we got to spend all day Saturday just going around Jefferson City and checking out the toy/comic/music type shops. We also checked out a couple museums. Rick had sushi from a restaurant in town called “LOVE SUSHI.” I, however, did not. Not enough money in the world to make me eat sushi. YUCK. I don’t enjoy fish all that much when it’s cooked regular. Anyway, we had a great time. Rick found my “Lois and Clark” Seasons so we watched those when we were at my apartment. We used to watch that show back in High School. Was fun to watch them again.

Then Saturday night, Sunday morning, and Sunday night Rick held concerts for our church and it was amazing. I know that I’m probably bias, but I was at all three concerts and I thought they were fantastic. The Spirit was moving and Rick has such an amazing talent for reaching those listening to him. God really worked through Rick this weekend and it was a blessing to be there listening. If you’ve never heard Rick’s music, you should check out his website. There is a link on this page.

Sadly, he is leaving early in the morning, but it’s been such a pleasure to have him here. I hope he can come again soon. I’m blessed with family that I adore. What could be better than that? Not a thing! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment