Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's not about us...It's about Him!

Christmas is by far my favorite time of year.

First, there is the weather...I love the weather.  Though it hasn't happened yet this year, is there anything better than waking up to a snow covered world?  It makes everything so beautiful and looks so peaceful.  And I love sitting in front of a fireplace watching the flames flicker.

I love the happy faces and excitement that you see at Christmas.  People are always so much happier...oddly enough in our self centered society, it is at the time of year where so many focus on giving to others, that I see the most joy in people's faces.

And then there is the most important thing about Christmas.  At this time of year the entire world is celebrating the birth of our Savior.  If you celebrate Christmas, you are celebrating Christ's birth...even if you don't realize it.  How cool is that?  (For those of you who like to point out that Jesus was not actually born on Christmas Day, let me assure you that this is not news to me.  But it is the day that we choose to celebrate His birth, so please...let's skip that particular argument.)  Plus, at Christmas we have many more opportunities to share the love of Christ because people just seem more open to it.  Like I said, they are celebrating His birth...even if they don't know who He is.  Sometimes that causes folks to pause then want to learn more about Him.  Let us pray that many ask those questions this year.

Several years ago, I heard a Christmas song by Go Fish called "It's about the Cross" and it has rapidly become one of my all time favorite Christmas songs.  I wanted to share it on here today as a reminder of what the season is really all about.  After all, if it were not for the birth of Christ, we could not celebrate his amazing gift to us at Easter.  And without his salvation...we'd all be lost.  Thank you Jesus!  I'm so excited to be celebrating You this season!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr0Khzknt6w

No comments:

Post a Comment