Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Recovery...slow, but sure.

Well, it's been two weeks and two days since my surgery and I'm still in recovery mode. I had hoped that by now I would be off my heavy pain medication, but I'm still taking it...however in much lower doses so that's a good thing. I'm back at work on a limited basis because I just get exhausted very quickly as yet. Not to mention I'm still having a good bit of pain if I'm up too long. I have great difficulty sitting in or getting up from chairs that don't have arm rests, but all in all, I'm healing up nicely.

I have been blessed beyond all measure to have my Mom here with me to help me because for quite a while I was fairly helpless. You don't realize how much you use your stomach muscles until you simply can't. It's crazy. For awhile even trying to lift up enough to move or place a pillow was excruciating, but she found ways to help me. Not being able to bend or reach anything is beyond annoying, but she found ways to help me. She even tackled my closets while I could do nothing to stop her, and if you saw my closets you would understand what a feat that is. I can not put into words what an amazing woman my Mom is and what great care she has given to me. She’s planning to go home tomorrow and I’m going to miss her more than I can say.

I’ve also been taken care of by wonderful people in the church. Delicious meals were brought every day for two weeks. We have spectacular cooks at our church and I’ve enjoyed every meal that was brought. My entertainment center is overwhelmed with all the cards and flowers I’ve received as well. Not to mention, a very cute little stuffed dog (named Dotters) that was given to me by our Senior Adult Class. I can not fully express my gratitude for all the love and support that has been shown to me.

I just wanted to update you all on my recovery. Thank you so much for all your kind notes and prayers. I’m convinced that I have the most fabulous friends and family in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment