Tuesday, May 29, 2012

She is Amazing!


There are a few people in my life who are so special and so important that I simply can not imagine what my life would be like without them.  One of those people is my Grandma James.  Today is her birthday and I am blessed to get to be with her today.  But, I do not think she realizes just how fantastic she is or what an impact that she has on everyone who meets her.  So I thought I'd take a few minutes and share just why she is so amazing. 

First of all, I have never met anyone who is more loving.  From the time I was little until the present, I have never felt more loved than when I am in her presence.  She simply radiates love.  And it is not just because she's my Grandma either.  It's because Jesus lives in Grandma and His love just spills out of her and onto everyone around her.  From playing a game, to cooking a meal, to simply having a chat...Grandma just radiates the love of Christ.

Next, she listens to me.  She lets me vent when I'm troubled and gets excited with me when I'm excited.  No matter what is going on in my life, I know she will always be there cheering me on in the good times or there with a word of encouragement when my day just isn't going all that well.

She is the most patient person I have ever met.  Many things happen in life that a less patient person might want to throw something across the room or scream at the top of their lungs...but Grandma patiently goes on.  The good, the bad, the in-between...nothing gets the better of Grandma.  I want to be like that too.

She is funny.  Hands down, without question Grandma is the funniest person I have ever met.  She doesn't always mean to be funny, but that just adds to her charm.  If you've ever played a game with Grandma, then you know what I mean.  If you haven't...well, I'm sorry, but you're missing out. 

Lastly, (though I really could go on for much longer) Grandma shows me Jesus in her life.  Not just in her words, not just in her actions, but with all of her life.  I want to be like my Grandma.  I'm so blessed to have her in my life.

Happy Birthday Grandma!  I love you more than I can adequately put into words.  Thank you for being such a wonderful influence on me.  You are indeed amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment