Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Year, New Location

Well, It’s been a little over a month since I moved to North Vernon, IN and if you’ve ever met me, it will come as no surprise that there are still lots of boxes in my apartment. However, they are slowly (very slowly) disappearing. There is new lovely carpet in my apartment and my office is nearly all put together. It’s feeling more and more like home here all the time. It's great to be close enough to family and friends to be able to see them sometimes.

On New Year's Eve, I got to travel to Xenia, OH to see my dear friend Erica. We got to go shopping and we didn't get lost once! That could be a record for us. :-) Then I went to Springfield, OH to bring in the New Year at the "New Year's Eve Pickin' Party with Rick James and Friends." If you missed it, you missed out on a great evening of fabulous music, cool prizes, and great fun with wonderful people.

The winter has been a snowy one and I have been loving every minute of it. As many of you are aware, I have always been a big fan of winter. In fact, I basically get through the summer months by reminding myself that winter is just around the corner. I know! I know! I can hear you all screaming at your computer screens, “Toni! You’re crazy!!!” Be that as it may, I LOVE winter. I love the snow and the cold and the windy days. The more snow the better. I was quite bummed that the huge winter storm that hit the northern part of Indiana missed us for the most part. I’d love to wake up someday and be totally snowed in with snow drifts so high that I can’t get out my door. THAT would be amazing!!!

Starting Sunday, I’m beginning the series, “Lights, Camera, Action” with the kids here at North Vernon Church of the Nazarene. That means that this week we are decorating the children’s department with a movie theme. It’s coming together well and I’m really looking forward to Sunday! It’s going to be a ton of fun!

That's it for now! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment